Effective date: 9th September 2019
Immerj Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales, registered number 11753355, ad registered address, Bury Lodge, Bury Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 1JA. – (“Us”, “We”, or “Our”) operates the https://www.immerj.io/ website (the “Service”).
Site User – “You”, “Your”, “Yourself” (the “Data Subject”)
Some of Our words in this Policy are Capitalised to give them a more specific meaning.
This page informs You of Our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when You use Our Service and the choices You have associated with that data.
In this policy, We detail Our obligations to You (Data Subject) in respect of Your personal data under current EU regulations General Data Protection Regulations “GDPR.”
The GDPR defines “Personal Data” as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”). Such a person can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, location or other factors such as economic, cultural or social identity.
- Service – Service is the https://www.immerj.io/ website operated by Immerj Ltd.
- Personal Data – Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that and other information either in Our possession or likely to come into Our possession). As defined above.
- Usage Data – Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies – Cookies are small files which are transferred to Your computer hard drive, if You allow them, through Your web browser.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) – Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may, either now or in the future, use the services of various Service Providers in order to process Your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) – Data Subject is any living individual who is using Our Service and is the subject of Personal Data. As defined above
Our Obligations to You under GDPR
Our policy exists to ensure that You understand what We do with Your data and what rights are available to You in respect of Your personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve Our Service to You.
Types of Data Collected and How We Collect it
While using Our Service, and registering on Our Site, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You (“Personal Data”). This data is collected through Your registration details and online registration. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Address and post code
- Identification details
- Bank details
- Company details
- Personal profile details
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You in respect of any newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send.
We may also collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as Your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to Your browser from a website and stored on Your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse Our Service.
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept cookies, You may not be able to use some portions of Our Service.
Examples of Cookies We may use:
- Session Cookies – We may use Session Cookies to operate Our Service.
- Preference Cookies – We may use Preference Cookies to remember Your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies – We may use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Essential Cookies – These cookies are essential to the revision of Our website.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies – These cookies help Us collect statistical and analytical usage to help Us analyse website usage.
- Advertising and Targeted advertising Cookies – These cookies track Your browsing habits and location to provide You with advertising in line with Your interests.
Use of Data
Immerj Ltd., uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Service
- To notify You about changes to Our Service
- To allow You to participate in any interactive features of Our Service when You choose to do so
- To provide Client support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that We can improve Our Service
- To monitor the usage of Our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which We may offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Immerj Ltd., may process Your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with You
- You have given Us permission to do so
- The processing is in Our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by Your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Your data will be collected and processed lawfully, fairly and transparently without any adverse effects on Your rights. We will ensure that You have given Your consent to the collection and processing of Your data. We will also ensure that collection and processing will be executed in a way to protect Your interests.
Retention of Data
Immerj Ltd., will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on Our computers and on paper files held by Us.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Immerj Ltd., may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency), or under any order by a Court of competent jurisdiction.
Immerj Ltd., may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Immerj Ltd.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of other users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of Your data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In the event that We become aware of any security breach, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure of any personal data, We will take all reasonable precautions to protect Your data and will notify You as required by law.
“Do Not Track” Signals Under California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference You can set in Your web browser to inform websites that You do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of Your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If You are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), You have certain data protection rights. Immerj Ltd., aims to take reasonable steps to allow You to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of Your Personal Data.
If You wish to be informed what Personal Data We hold about you and if You want it to be removed from Our systems, please contact Emma Westley Our Data Protection Officer at, firstname.lastname@example.org In doing so We may not be able to comply and complete Our obligation to You under any contract We hold.
In certain circumstances, You have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, You can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If You are unable to perform these actions Yourself, please contact Us to assist You as shown above.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have Your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to Our processing of Your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that We restrict the processing of Your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information We have on You in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw Your consent at any time where Immerj Ltd., relied on Your consent to process Your personal information.
- The Right to Complain. In the first instance please contact Us as detailed above. Or you may contact a commissions officer by visiting their website at https://ico.org.uk/
Please note that We may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, please contact Your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the information officers website at https://ico.org.uk/
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate Our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on Our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist Us in analysing how Our Service is used.
These third parties have access to Your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose
We may, when requesting payment of invoices and/or paid services within the Service use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors). We use Stripe https://www.stripe.com/gb
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
You agree and acknowledge that We have no liability for any loss or damage caused or suffered to or by You in respect of any third-party sites You may visit via third party link from Our site.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If, when You read this policy, You are under the age of 18 You must leave the site immediately.
It is solely Your responsibility to ensure that Your personal data and any changes to it on this site, is updated by You to Us.
- By email: email@example.com